This issue occurs when trying to set up Microsoft Outlook to connect to a third party hosted exchange account. Most of the time this happens when you try to add an account to a profile with multiple accounts on it.
Sometimes you may get an error stating that the name could not not be matched to a name in the address list.
The following steps can be used:
- Importing this registry key.
- Open "Control Panel".
- Make sure your "View by" is set to "Small/Large icons".
- Look for "File Explorer Options" and open it.
- Click on the "View" tab.
- Navigate to the "Hidden files and folders" and make sure the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" is selected.
- Go to the following folder and delete all the XML Files: C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook . If you have any other accounts added on your Outlook, you are probably going to have to enter the passwords for them again after you cleared the XML Files.
- Go to "Credential Manager" -> "Windows Credentials" and clear all the credentials that has to do with mail:
- <Server Name>
After you completed the steps above, be sure to restart you computer and try to add the account again. If it still does not work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.