This issue occurs when trying to set up Microsoft Outlook to connect to a third party hosted exchange account. This issue can occur on two different ways:
- When you click "Add Account" it can take up to a minute for the error to appear.
- The error can appear immediately.
There are a bunch of ways to fix this problem:
Always make sure that the details you entered are correctly entered and that the credentials you're using are verified by the Hosting Admins.
Change your DNS
- Open "Control Panel"
- Make sure your "View by" is set to "Small/Large icons"
- Look for "Network and Sharing Center" and open it.
- You will see your Wifi/Ethernet connection on the right side of the "View your active networks" table. Click on it.
- In the "Wi-Fi Status" window, click on the "Properties" button on the bottom left.
- In the "Wi-Fi Properties" window, in the "This connection uses the following items:" block, look for "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click on "Properties" on the bottom right of this block.
- On the bottom half of the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties" window, make sure to enable the "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
- You can change the DNS to any valid DNS but we usually use the Google DNS because it always resolves the connection.
- Preferred DNS server: 8 . 8 . 8 . 8
- Alternate DNS server: 8 . 8 . 4 . 4
- Click on "OK" on the bottom.
- Click on "Close" on the "Wi-Fi Properties".
After you completed the steps above, be sure to restart you computer and try to add the account again. If it still does not work, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.